For the purpose of this agreement, DTPerfect, LLC shall be referred to as “designer” or “DTPerfect.”
Please submit the form below to signify your approval of our project terms. Thank you!
- All work is Work-For-Hire: The cover, interior, and any design work created for the client by DTPerfect are the property of the client.
- The manuscript must be fully edited before submitting to designer for interior layout.
- Fee quoted includes one final electronic print-ready version of project sent to client and one set of archive files stored at DTPerfect. A full set of source design files may be sent to client electronically upon request for an additional fee.
- Fonts are embedded in all PDFs. Fonts are licensed only for PDF and are not shared with the source InDesign files. (We use fonts from Adobe Typekit and/or Fonts.com, and other designers will have access to sync these fonts online.) This limitation does not apply to free fonts (with free commercial licenses) or fonts specifically provided by the client.
- Client owns all rights and copyright, free of any encumbrances, to the content of the book. We do not claim any rights to the book and are not in any way responsible for its contents.
- Portfolio Use: DTPerfect retains the right to use images of the design work (either cover, or up to 5 spreads of the interior on our website, or the full physical book at trade shows) for promotional purposes.
- Original cover design only: All rejected cover concepts not used as final cover remain the property of DTPerfect (only in cases where all stock images are purchased by DTPerfect) and may be used in future projects for any purpose. Rejected designs will not be used for books of the same topic as contracted title. This does not apply to covers created with the client’s supplied photos or illustrations.
- Designer may choose to add a credit line on printed material, on the copyright page (or as determined by publisher). (i.e. “Book design by . . . ” DTPerfect.com)
- Revisions: Author-initiated alterations (AAs) to cover after approval of each cover section (front, back, spine) will be charged hourly at the rate of $50/hour. Author-initiated alterations (AAs) to interior after first round of proofreading (of up to 50 post-layout copy-edits (sentence or paragraph)) will be charged at the rate of $50/hour. All revision costs are pre-quoted and pre-discussed. Errors made by designer will not be charged.
- If using in promotional purposes, DTPerfect will link to author’s website or Amazon page to serve as an extra marketing channel. DTPerfect respects the author’s book release plans and privacy—if you wish the book be kept secret until release date, please request that we do not add it to our portfolio until then.
- Should the client decide to change the composition of the design, without the assistance of DTPerfect, for other uses or for ensuing editions of the book, DTPerfect shall be given the option to maintain credit for the work or to have their name removed from the product.
- All fees and costs are estimated. Changes in the scope of work or project specifications require a revision of the information provided on contract. Designer shall inform client of any known and necessary additional costs before incurred, and all revisions will be pre-quoted and pre-approved.
- All invoices are due within 15 days unless otherwise noted. If the project is cancelled by the client at any time, the 50% upfront fee will not be reimbursed.
- The designer’s ability to meet deadlines is predicated upon the client’s provision of all necessary information, materials, and approvals in a timely manner.
- DTPerfect retains the right to refuse service for content that is offensive or violent.
- DTPerfect does NOT provide any legal, financial, or publishing business advice. All decisions of this matter are at the client’s discretion, and it is advised to seek professional opinion when in doubt.