With so many websites and so many (but not enough) stock images, there is a very high probability that your stock image has been used before.
This is not a big deal if you are using an image for a blog or social media, but if you are choosing an image for a book cover, you might want to check if (and how) it’s been used before.
So, to search an image, here’s the step by step:
- Have your image ready. (Have either the URL link, or download it to your computer. You can download a watermarked version if you’re curious to search the image before purchasing it.)
- Go here: https://images.google.com/
- Click the little camera icon.
- Insert the URL or upload the image.
- Google will show a list of blogs and websites that have used this image. The match is not always perfect, but it gives you a good general idea of where this image has appeared before.